Friday, October 14, 2011

Reflections on this past month...

First of all, I have learned SO much.

While working in a neuroscience research lab, and also in a pharma company, I became very familiar with a narrow range of disease states, Parkinson's disease, Schizophrenia, Bipolar disorder, and the cellular processes and principles related to those disease states.  The basic science principles I have learned in the past few weeks has ultimately helped me to understand to a greater extent what I thought I already understood. 

Second, I have met so many interesting people

I am lucky that my assigned seat in class has me sitting in the front row.  I am also lucky that I like the people who are assigned to sit immediately around me.  I thought I would be the only person over 30, but that is not the case.  There are even people older than me, (not many though).  There has been culture shock at time when the younger students may not get a reference or two.

It is hard to believe that it has been about 6 weeks since this program has started.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there. I am a current Ross MERP student and stumbled upon your blog a few weeks ago. With the MERP semester nearly over, I am having second thoughts about continuing with Ross. I live just south of Erie and am investigating their post bacc program as an option instead of continuing at Ross. I would love to get some feedback from you on the program at LECOM. If you would email me I would enjoy talking with you a bit if you are willing. My email is jrskills1730@live.com. As I mentioned I am from Hermitage, about an hour south of Erie. Hope to hear from you...thanks!

    ReplyDelete