Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Back in action!

HI all!

I haven't posted in the past week because I moved (houses).  Last week was dedicated to unpacking and getting technology connections established. 

Since my last post I have gotten rejections from Pikeville College of Osteopathic Medicine, New England College of Osteopathic Medicine, Morehouse Medical College, Ponce College of Medicine and Howard College of Medicine.  While I am feeling discouraged by this, I am somewhat heartened that I did get an interview at Ross and that they are still reviewing my application.

I think that the last time I posted I was under the impression that I would hear back from Ross by two Fridays ago.  I was mistaken in this assumption.  I called my admissions representative and she said that I would have heard only if I had stayed with the May class start date (which is what I had originally applied for).  So, the long and short of it is that I can expect to hear back within 4-6 weeks from the time of my interview.  I can expect to hear either April 22, 29, or May 6.  This is more waiting but also I am glad that I switched to the class starting in September which gives me time to get a passport and save up money etc...

In addition to all of this, and since my other applications have not been going so well I am also applying to pick up more classes to teach in case Ross doesn't go through.  This is the reality of finances and I do need to pay bills.  Even if I do get accepted at Ross, it would be best if I have a bit more money saved up rather than not.

Sorry for the long rambling post this time.  I had a lot stored up since we last spoke!

3 comments:

  1. The suspense... I am waiting for final grades this semester before they will send me for review. Any word on how long that cycle might be. Theoretically, grades are out May 23, can I still get in for September??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the waiting is tedious. From what I hear, once your file is complete it is a 4-6 week wait. I think the committee meets on Wednesdays. The person you interviewed with should call you by the next Friday. I would contact your admissions representative for more details. I hope to be able to meet with you in Sept!

    ReplyDelete