Thursday, March 31, 2011

My Day Job...

Before I learn if I need to quit my day job or not, I thought I'd let you guys know what I do... Right now, I teach Anatomy and Physiology at a local community college.  In the past I have been a medical researcher in the neuroscience field.  I have also had a short stint working for a pharma company.  I'm only teaching as an adjunct and don't have much chance of ever getting tenure.  The school I teach for doesn't offer tenure.  I have thought about doing teaching full time instead of medicine, and if I don't get in then I might...  To teach at a school that offers tenure I would have to probably get a PhD.  Alternatively, I could join the ranks those holding cushy high school teaching jobs.  (*note sarcasm*)

I do feel that my previous jobs have prepared me well for a career in medicine.

1 comment:

  1. Do you know when to expect an answer? On the up side, you should be way ahead the average student when you get to Anatomy and Physiology!

    ReplyDelete