Tuesday, September 13, 2011

First week complete!

Thanks for kicking me in the pants, NP Oddysey!

Orientation started last Wed, which we had two days of.  I think the best part of orientation was seeing OMM demonstrated. 

The format for classes is four hours of one subject at a time.  We have had three physio lectures so far.  All seem to be review with a few clinical anecdotes thrown in there.  However, the review now is what I may have learned in one 'test' unit in one day rather than over several days.

I was pretty broken up at the beginning of last week over having to be away from my husband and kids.  In some ways it is good because I get more alone time than I would normally.  Most of the other married students have their spouses move with them, but it is not possible for us. 

We have our first test next monday.  I am almost done reading all the chapters, and have an outline typed up to which I plan to add class notes, and then input key facts into a flash card software to study with.

Also I think I have found myself a study group, and should be meeting with them tomorow eve.

I also really like the LECOM Fitness Center.  I think it is the best fitness place I have been in.  I have no idea what they charge the general public to use it, and don't want to know.  It has an awesome locker room, with all the ammenities.  You don't have to pay extra for classes, and they are always doing some sort of 'fun' fitness activiites.

This is of course in accordance with the DO philosophy of staying healthy being the best medicine. Mind-Body-Spirit
....
I don't have any great deep personal revelations yet, I will update you when I get one!

2 comments:

  1. Mind, Body, Spirit. It is hard with all the temptations to stray away from eating healthy, which affects all three.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am interested in Lecom and would love to ask you a few questions about the Lecom and their program. I couldn't find an email to ask you questions. Could you shoot me an email, nick.marburger@gmail.com ? I have a few questions I'd like to ask.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete