Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Economics of getting into Ross

To all applying to Ross, here is what will be required of you financially once you get accepted.  This is before you get a student loan refund, so it will be out of pocket.  I bought ALL books required and recommended.  This is not suggested by most students but I did anyway.  Plane ticket may vary.  I have not included the excess baggage fees for the airline or the cost to ship items to myself on the island as I have not done this yet.  ALL students need to do a student visa unless you are a Bahamanian citizen.  I thought this was just for non-Americans but I was wrong. The apartment deposit is first months rent, deposit (first months rent), and a $400 electricity turning on fee.  Apparently electricity in the Bahamas runs about $400 per month.


ROSS (SO FAR)

DEPOSIT  $           700.00
PASSPORT  $           170.00
STUDENT VISA   $           100.00
BOOKS  $           618.12
PRINTER ETC  $           350.00
HOUSING DEPOSIT  $        1,800.00
FLIGHT  $           709.59
GROCERIES / EQUIPMENT   $           300.00


 $                  4,747.71

1 comment:

  1. I just interviewed today and the Admissions Director suggested that I could still be accepted for August MERP. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you and LECOM, if so, and I'm rushing to get housing, maybe we both benefit? I feel your emotion, thanks so much for sharing and copy those pictures either way you'll want them preserved and another item off your list.

    ReplyDelete